The Heart Center at Jefferson Torresdale Hospital is proud to offer Epoch, the latest generation of the Stereotaxis Magnetic Navigation System. Epoch allows our electrophysiologists to heal hearts more precisely and safely than ever before.
This innovative system uses computer-controlled magnets – which are positioned outside the body – to programmatically steer catheters and guidewires throughout the cardiovascular system. This approach allows us to navigate and treat the heart without the risks associated with manual and mechanical devices.
Stereotaxis is used to treat a number of heart irregularities including:
- Arrhythmias such as atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter, as well as supraventricular tachycardia and ventricular tachycardia
- Heart Failure with interventional procedures such as cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Coronary Artery Disease with procedures designed to reopen blocked arteries in coronary vessels with partial or total occlusion
The potential benefits to patients include:
- Shorter procedure times and hospital stays
- Reduced exposure to X-ray radiation and dyes
- Lower risk of serious complications from perforation of blood vessels or heart tissue
- Reduced likelihood of referral to highly invasive open-heart surgical procedures
- Treatment of highly complex conditions, such as atrial arrhythmias, ventricular tachycardia and congenital heart disease
In addition, Stereotaxis technology offers an innovation in healing by giving us access to remote areas of the heart that have been difficult, if not impossible, to reach before. In some cases, we can now care for patients who would otherwise be referred to highly invasive coronary artery bypass surgery. We also have the potential to help patients suffering from atrial fibrillation or other arrhythmias who would otherwise have to rely on drug therapy alone.
For physician referrals or appointments, please call 1-877-808-2742.