Jefferson Health – Northeast provides the broadest number of robotic-assisted surgical subspecialties in the Philadelphia area. Skilled surgeons use the latest da Vinci® Si™ Surgical System to treat gynecologic, thoracic, oncologic conditions, urologic conditions and diseases, yielding better results and fewer side effects than conventional surgeries. Because robotic-assisted surgery allows for increased precision, patients benefit from minimal blood loss and postoperative pain, along with dramatically reduced hospital stays.
The da Vinci® Si™ at Jefferson Health – Northeast
Features of the da Vinci® Si™ include:
- Enhanced 3D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10x magnification
- New, optional dual console which allows a second surgeon to provide assistance
- Superior visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
- Surgical dexterity and precision far greater than even the human hand
- Updated and simplified user interface to enhance operating room (OR) efficiency
Together, these technological advancements provide our surgeons with unparalleled precision, dexterity, and control that enable a minimally invasive approach for complex surgery. da Vinci’s advanced level of technology takes surgery beyond the limits of the human hand. This acquisition complements Jefferson Health’s goal of extending minimally invasive surgery to the broadest possible base of patients. The technology is used for thoracic, urologic, gynecologic, minimally invasive and general surgical procedures.
For patients receiving robotic-assisted surgery, benefits include:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less pain and scarring
- Less risk or wound infections
- Less blood loss and fewer transfusions
- Faster recovery
- Quicker return to normal activities