Jefferson Health – Northeast's Ophthalmology Service provides both medical and surgical eye care in all eye specialties and all types of eye disorders. Many of the ophthalmologists on our staff are fellowship trained in their respective subspecialties.
Areas of expertise include:
- Contact lens examinations and dispensing
- Cataract and refractive surgery including the new Excimer form of LASIK surgery
- Treatment of diabetic eye problems, including retinal problems
- Medical and surgical management of children's eye problems
- Medical and surgical treatment of glaucoma
- Diagnosis and treatment of various neurologic eye problems, including headaches related to eye conditions
A medical center offering comprehensive care must include a high-quality eye care, from staff to ophthalmologists, as an important aspect of its services.