Cardiac Health & Evaluation
There's no more important area to be smart about with regards your health than your heart. Heart illness causes more death and loss of vitality than any other in our society. The statistics on heart disease are sobering and prompt all of us to work to maintain and monitor our heart health. Our staff can help assess your heart health and risk of heart disease.
Better strategies for a variety of conditions
The heart can be compromised by wide spectrum of different types of cardiac conditions. These include:
- Coronary Artery Disease: deprives heart muscle of the blood flow it needs to function
- Valve Conditions: prevents the heart from properly controlling the flow of blood into and out of its chambers
- Heart Rhythm Problems: causes the frequency and coordination of the heart contractions to be disrupted
Our staff is experienced in caring for these and other areas of cardiac health.
Thanks to improved technology, we have an extensive array of cardiac diagnostic tests that can pinpoint any problems in heart function. In addition to the lengthy armamentarium of tests, imaging, and diagnostics available from within the Heart Center, our cardiac specialists also take a multidisciplinary approach to heart evaluations. For example, they collaborate with our respected Department of Radiology to use a 64-slice CT unit to noninvasively create three-dimensional images of the heart that can confirm health anatomy or reveal coronary artery plaque, blood clots, or other abnormalities.
The Heart Center's staff takes advantage of a full complement of testing capabilities, and explains what testing might be recommended for you, based on any risk factors or previous medical history you might have. The list of cardiac procedures that specialists can use to evaluate and treat heart disease continues to grow. We maintain leading-edge skills and equipment needed to offer these procedures to you in the most experienced hands.
Understanding complex conditions
Among major health conditions, heart disease is one of the more preventable types of illness. Prevention of cardiac disease is one of the most fundamental aspects of maintaining overall health and wellness. It requires being physically active, eating a healthful diet, managing a proper weight and being conscientious about any checkups or medical care that you need.
Our dedicated team of heart-health professionals will review and manage all of these aspects of cardiac health. They will:
- Help with basic knowledge of heart function, heart conditions, and the need for preventive lifestyle
- Assess individual risk of heart disease or any previous history of heart disease
- Evaluate for any symptoms of heart conditions
- Match each patient with the right tests, provide those tests, or ensure their completion
- Review with you all diagnostic results and the status of your heart function
- Explain care needs, if any, and options in treatment
- Deliver all medical or invasive care that the patient may need for cardiac or related conditions, with the foremost in quality
- Form a multiyear partnership with patient and family to monitor heart health, adjust care, and reduce risk of cardiac events.